Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic School is a Christ-centered educational community that is committed to the fullness of the Gospel message. We strive to develop each child's spiritual, academic, social, and physical potential.
Statements of Belief
- We believe OLL carries out the mission of the Catholic Church by teaching young people how to proclaim the Gospel, build faith communities, celebrate through worship, and serve others.
- We believe OLL builds and fosters a sense of community by sharing a common Catholic faith, a deep appreciation of the Eucharist, and a profound devotion to the Blessed Mother.
- We believe OLL proclaims and translates the Gospel message into action by incorporating this message, directly and indirectly, in all aspects of its educational program;
- We believe OLL maintains a real partnership with the parents in the education and faith formation of their children by helping the students become practicing Catholics, well educated in the Catholic faith, and capable of leadership in creating a just and Gospel-centred society;
- We believe OLL is committed to academic excellence by implementing a rigorous curriculum that integrates technology, critical thinking, differentiated instruction, and collaborative work, in an academic climate that allows each student to express learning in creative ways.
- We believe a safe, orderly and respectful learning environment is necessary for a quality, Catholic Education.
- We believe OLL nurtures the spiritual, cultural, physical and social development of every student.
- We believe OLL educates students who are responsible, compassionate, and committed to their Church, their country, and to the world.
The OLL faculty and staff are committed to be living examples of Christ's love for all. In accordance with this commitment, its philosophy and mission, OLL will continue:
- Being an excellent Catholic school, guided and driven by its mission that embraces a Catholic identity rooted in Gospel values, centered on the Eucharist, and committed to faith formation;
- Developing and implementing an articulated, rigorous curriculum aligned with Common Core State Standards, 21st century skills, and Gospel values, technologically implemented through effective, data based and differentiated instruction;
- Fostering an environment that stimulates love for learning, appreciation of the arts, and the articulation of faith, culture, and life;
- Building up extracurricular programs to help the students develop their God-given physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual talents;
- Developing in its students a Catholic global awareness while providing them with age appropriate learning-service opportunities;
- Supporting, encouraging and strengthening family life and its involvement in each child’s education;
- Remaining open to new ideas, methods, and programs, that will give promise to a fuller realization of our mission;
Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic School is committed to the total education of its students in partnership with their parents. To achieve this goal, OLL continues to implement an articulated, rigorous curriculum aligned with Common Core State Standards, 21st century skills, and Gospel values, technologically implemented through effective, data based and differentiated instruction. In addition, OLL continues to build up and foster extracurricular programs to help the students develop their God-given physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual talents.
OLL Graduates at Graduation
The faculty and staff at OLL are committed to the total education of its students so that on graduation day, OLL students are:
- Open to Jesus’ invitation to live according to the Gospel
- Aware of the richness of their Roman Catholic identity
- Eager to pursue truth, beauty, and goodness in their lives
- Respectful of the dignity of every human being
- Ready to face the challenges of the 21st century