January 26, 2020
Come and join us at our Annual Spring Festival!
Thursday, March 5 - Sunday, March 8, 2020.
The festival features 16 of the best international food booths. There will be more than 20 popular carnival rides to thrill people of all ages.
I would like to take this opportunity to express sincere thanks to all the companies and individuals who have participed as sponsors for our Church and School fund-raising events this past year. The sponsorships are invaluable and greatly appreciated by our 7,500 registered families.
This year, I am looking for your cooperation to help sponsor Our Lady of the Lakes 46th Spring Festival.
2020 Archbishop’s Charity and Development Drive (ABCD)
Christ has no body but yours, no hands, no feet on earth but yours.
Yours are the eyes with which he looks compassion on this world, your feet with which he walks to do good, yours are the hands with which he blesses all the world.
This weekend is Commitment Weekend for the ABCD. Every member of our parish is called upon to be the eyes, hands and feet of Jesus We can all make a difference, and it starts at home.
Attitude Toward Generosity
Here is a little test to help families examine their attitudes toward generosity:
- How do we react to the word, do-gooder?
- Is it a compliment or a put-down?
- Do we view our talents and goods as a result of our own hard work or a gift from God?
- Do we resent being asked to share time in the family by driving someone to an activity or by reading a story to a non-reader?
- Do we blame the poor for being poor or do we feel a sense of responsibility to them?
- What is the most generous thing our family has done in the past year?
- If we could do something as a family to make life better for others, what would each of us like to do?
Maybe a discussion like this will result in action, maybe not. But it will help us focus on how well we’re living out the fruit of generosity so generously offered us by the Holy Spirit.
Este es un pequeño test para ayudar a las familias a examiner sus actitudes hacia la generosidad.
- ¿Cómo interpretamos la palabra bienhechor?
- ¿Como un cumplido o como una denostación?
- ¿Nos molesta que nos pidan compartir nuestro tiempo familiar en tareas como llevar a alguien a una actividad o leerle un cuento a alguien que no sabe leer?
- ¿Culpamos a los pobres por serlo, o asumimos hacia ellos un sentido de responsabilidad?
- ¿Cuál es la acción más generosa que nuestra familia ha realizado este ano?
- Si pudiéramos hacer algo como familia para mejorar la vida de otros, ¿qué nos gustaría hacer a cada uno de nosotros?
Quizá una discusión como esta se traduzca en acción, quizá no. Pero nos ayudará a reflexionar un poco en qué tan bien estamos viviendo el don de la generosidad, que de manera tan generosa nos da el Espíritu Santo.
We thank Alina & Antonio Lavado for their generous donation of this weekend’s altar flowers.
Thank you for your gift of flowers to beautify our sacred space!
If you would like to offer the altar flowers and/or flowers to the Blessed Virgin Mary for the week, please come to the Parish Office to make arrangements. Each donation is $50.
If you are looking for that special gift for a wedding, baptism, or loved one, stop by the Our Lady of the Lakes Gift Shop. It has a beautiful array of books, jewelry, home decorations, and many other items. Stop by soon!
We thank the following family for hosting the Vocation Cup this past week: The Martinez Family.
The Vocation Blessing Cup is a wonderful instrument of prayer and devotion for our parish families. The Cup reminds each host family that it is their responsibility to pray for and foster vocations to the priesthood and religious life. A family is asked to host the Vocation Cup for one week. It will travel from home to home as a sign of our total parish commitment to praying for vocations.